After a massive update of more than 96,586 additions and 342,198 deletions, the 2.0 version of BasicSwap's user interface has been released today!
In this blog post, we'll go over the details of what the new GUI introduces as well as what to look out for in subsequent 2.x updates.
Install New GUI 🖥️
- Shutdown BasicSwap properly and stop the Docker image.
- From the
basicswapfolder, type the
- In the
/dockerfolder, run the
- Once the process completes, launch BasicSwap again using the
If you're not using the Docker setup, you can follow the Particl Academy's step-by-step update guide here.
What's New? 🗒️
This BasicSwap user interface introduces a brand new, more efficient UI codebase and focused primarily on the back-end, laying the groundwork for the many features to come in subsequent updates.
Here's the full list of changes introduced by this update:
- Completely new user interface codebase, amounting to a massive difference of 96,586 additions and 342,198 deletions compared to the V1.0 codebase.
- Enhanced dark/light mode theme with seamless switching: dark mode as default setting.
- Accurate cryptocurrency price widgets (based on daily trading volume and real-time prices).
- Numerous UI/UX enhancements and optimizations.
- A plethora of bug fixes and performance improvements, many of which were proposed by our beta testers.
What's Next? 🗺️
Over the coming weeks, expect a couple of 2.x UI updates which will be focused on introducing new features and advanced functions to the DEX. Here's a non-exhaustive list of what you can expect in the coming updates.
- An updated and improved price graphing system, complete with volumes.
- A new trading mode, dubbed "simple mode", which lets you market buy or sell in a way similar to "quick swap exchanges" (i.e., SimpleSwap, StealthEX.io, etc).
- Public release of the first iteration of a simple market making companion script, which is also expected to be directly integrated into BasicSwap at a later point.
- A new order book filtering method that lets you hide (or not) offers that are not set to "auto-accept". This improves the user experience by enabling users to select offers that will instantaneously initiate the swap process without having to wait for the other party act manually.
- A variety of more advanced trading and management features.
Building a privacy-first and pro-liberty environment without concessions demands time and mindful considerations, and we are incredibly grateful for your ongoing support and passion for the Particl mission.
As always, if you encounter any bug, issue, or have feedback you'd like to let us know about, don't hesitate to reach out to the team or directly leave a comment (or pull request) here on Github.
The Open-Source Revolution
We're on a mission to create a private, independent, and pro-liberty digital economy that is fair and open to all. Learn more about what we do at any of the following links.
Be a part of the movement and join us in the fight for our freedoms by meeting the community and spreading the word far and wide!
Learn more about Particl with these in-depth resources.
Follow the link below to get a list of all other useful Particl-related links you may find helpful.