A year of BUIDLing for the future — not one to forget.
End-of-year retrospectives are fabulous ways to look back at all the hard work, trials, testing and victories claimed by the our team and community growing out of our privacy platform by our open source project called Particl.
If you haven’t had a chance to read our year one retrospective it’s a good primer for what foundational privacy work was released last year to hopefully ensure Particl’s development could be as successful as possible.
I’ve already begun to see year end reviews of projects with somber titles like, “Ethereum’s Year In Review: One To Forget”. You’ll find no such remorse here!
Sure, the market sentiment in the space is low, but with the team’s heads down BUIDLing, I would like to now share all we (collectively) have accomplished and let you be the judge how 2018 for Particl was.
Particl Roadmap Review and Updates
We thought it’d be cool to go over where our roadmap is right now.
- Some of the great things we delivered in 2018.
- Plus some of stuff we’re finishing up and working towards in 2019.
We hit the ground running with drama in week one that, in retrospect, looked like foreshadowing of the year ahead.
- 01:36 | Spectre/Meltdown
- 03:49 | Particl Roadmap
- 04:15 | Stealth Addresses V2
- 05:00 | Ledger
- 06:18 | Open Marketplace ALPHA
- 07:35 | Open Marketplace BETA
- 08:38 | Marketplace Governance & Proposals
- 09:18 | RingCT
- 13:51 | Bulletproofs
- 14:26 | Open Source
- 16:26 | Marketplace Governance
- 17:43 | Multi-Wallet
- 18:34 | Private Markets
- 20:08 | Open Marketplace BETA
- 22:01 | SDK
- 24:22 | Particl Copay App
- 26:00 | Bulletproofs
- 28:23 | AMA Schedule
- 29:02 | Cold Staking Pools
- 31:54 | Marketing Events
- 34:38 | Token 2049 & Consensus 2019
2018 Development Video Montage
2018 has been a big year for Particl in terms of development.
Here is an animation showcasing the astounding work that’s been done throughout the year!
2018 Development Ratings by third-party services
- CryptoMiso (last 12 months), Rank: 21st
- CoinCodeCap (last 12 months), Rank: 11th
- Darpal Rating (monthly) -> Rank constantly between 3rd and 7th
- Chinese KOL (February 2018), Rank: 4th
Particl Team grew 85% stronger in 2018
To wrap up I think it’s fitting to talk team dynamics, working on a decentralized team with peers around the world and traveling in the opposite direction of many crypto projects.
It starts with our stellar team. By the close of 2018 we had added a total of 10 new team members during the year. We had some turn over, yes, but the team only got stronger last year with the new faces.
The new roles crossed many disciplines:
- Cryptoguard — Lead Community Manager, Communications
- Christina — Social Media Coordinator
- Desi-rae — CryptoRamble (YouTube), Education & Awareness
- Lina — Lead Event Coordinator & Community Evangelist
- Peter — Developer
- Shubham — Developer
- Arnold — Developer
- Viv — Scrum Master / Project Manager
- Carmen — Product Owner
- Rob — Developer
Building a culture of unity miles and miles away from one another.
One of the challenges of working solo the majority of one’s day becomes connecting with peers away from the computer screen. There are tools that allow us to talk all day long, but real relationships only happen face to face.
To that end, our team made a promise to come together every 3 months throughout 2018 and build camaraderie—laugh out loud together. This manifested itself as 3 trips to somewhat central locations for combined meetings and team building activities.
After Zurich, Prague and Jeffreys Bay, the results are undeniable. #BePART
2019 is going to be a great year!