As we conclude the week, it is time to review the progress that has been made in the past few days. Let us take a moment to evaluate the advancements achieved in the past few days.
Fighting the (Predictable) Crackdown on Anonymous Money
Privacy coins continue to fight an endless battle against regulatory entities and the centralized exchanges seeking to operate within their jurisdictions. Though it may seem like a losing battle of attrition, the long term prospects of hyper-private currencies are bright.
Read our latest story published this week on Particl News here.
Particl Desktop 💻️
We're still completing the items outlined in our previous updates, namely including enhancing Tor server capabilities and making a variety of minor improvements.
Please note, however, that we are currently observing a delay that is impacting the the development process of Particl Desktop which we hope to resolve shortly.
Particl Core 🔗
Core Codebase Maintenance 🛠️
As always, we consistently stay up-to-date with Bitcoin's latest version by regularly incorporating upstream updates into Particl Core. You can monitor these changes by visiting this link.
Adding New Coins 🪙
The series of upstream merges from the Bitcoin repository this week proved to be quite substantial and time-consuming. Coupled with our work on developing a couple of internal tools for better monitoring of the blockchain and more streamlined management of various network related processes, we were unable to allocate time for the integration of new coins on BasicSwap. We will resume this task in the coming week.
User Interface 🖥️
We are in the final stages of a significant UI/UX interface update for BasicSwap DEX, which will soon be ready for release. It combines weeks of work aimed at enhancing both the user experience and interface. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the most notable items to be included in BasicSwap's 2.1 UI update.
- The Place New Offer page has been redesigned for a cleaner look, featuring options to toggle between simple and advanced modes.
- The steps for placing a new offer have been simplified.
- Notifications in the main menu, as well as pop-ups, have been redesigned.
- The settings page layout has also been redesigned.
- A new setting allows users to choose their default currency for prices/graphs, such as USD, EUR, or Pound.
- The layout of the Network Order Book page has been revamped.
- The "Swaps in Progress" page has been redesigned.
- Both the main menu and sub-menu have been redesigned, now with a better UX logic.
- Styling improvements have been made to the (SMSG) identity page.
- The withdrawal section of the single wallet page has also received styling and UX improvements.
- Better styling for shutdown/error/ pages.
- Styling for alerts and errors has been revamped.
- "Spinner" animations have been added for both confirmation and waiting periods.
- Icons have been appended to all primary buttons.
- Prices are now displayed on the individual offer/bid pages.
- Various other tweaks, corrections, and code clean-up have been implemented.
Chart and Price Display
- A new option now lets you only display the coins activated on the Network Order Book Page.
- Preparations are underway for the introduction of two new privacy coins, including their prices, icons, and graphs.
- The script calculating the volume of each coin has been restructured, and now includes also USDT as a volume measure from exchanges.
- Added coin volume bars overlay in the main chart.
Additionally, we've made a couple of changes and improvements to BasicSwap's official website — BasicSwapDEX.com — which should go live around the same time as the 2.1 UI update.
BasicSwapDEX.com Website Updates
- Added dark mode as default.
- Various GFX/layout tweaks and fixes
- General UX improvements.
- Added current coins supported (GFX) + table.
- Fetch BasicSwap-related blog news and show last 4 items on main page.
New Particl Website ✅
We've also been making steady progress on the new website, as has been the case for the past couple of weeks, which we now expect to have a working version in internal testing soon.
As it stands today, the design and implementation is mostly complete, and we're in the final stages of making adjustments, addressing the last-minute GFX tweaks and perfecting the layout.
As always, we thank you immensely for your passion and dedication to Particl and what it's working towards achieving. None of it would be possible without you all!
We wish you a great weekend we'll see you all back on Monday! 👋
The Open-Source Revolution
We're on a mission to create a private, independent, and pro-liberty digital economy that is fair and open to all. Learn more about what we do at any of the following links.
Be a part of the movement and join us in the fight for our freedoms by meeting the community and spreading the word far and wide!
Learn more about Particl with these in-depth resources.
Follow the link below to get a list of all other useful Particl-related links you may find helpful.