Particl Desktop 3.2.1 is now live on mainnet! Indeed, you can now download and install the new desktop client and enjoy the most up-to-date Particl experience available.
Updated Dependencies ✅
This new release introduces the update of a few critical back-end dependencies such as Electron and NodeJS, fixing some GUI and startup-related issues on some of the more recent Linux distributions.
General Bug Fixes and Improvements 🩹
Aside from the dependency updates, this new release fixes a variety of bugs and applies a few general-purpose improvements to the code and the user experience of both Particl Desktop and Particl Marketplace.
Download Particl Desktop 3.2.1 on mainnet: https://github.com/particl/particl-desktop/releases/tag/v3.2.1
If you happen to be a newcomer to Particl at all we highly recommend the Particl Academy as your guide and reference book for getting along with Particl Marketplace.
- Your wallet needs to be unlocked to process buy and sell orders on the marketplace.
- There may be issues launching Particl Desktop 3.2 on some specific Linux OS such as Manjaro. This is due to an issue with Electron and will be fixed with the release of Particl Desktop 3.3.
- If you spot any issue, bug, or area of improvement, please report it directly on the Github Issues page.
Sometimes, it's helpful to start the application from the terminal, aka command line. It gives you additional information about what's happening in the background and can be useful for troubleshooting issues (if issues you encounter).
- Open "Windows Explorer"
- On the installation folder (e.g.
"C:\Program Files\Particl Desktop\Particl Desktop") Press [SHIFT⇧]+[MOUSE-RIGHT◳] and choose "Open command window here"
- Type the following command including the quotation marks into the terminal and hit [ENTER ↵]
- Open "Terminal"
(e.g. [COMMAND ⌘] + [SPACE] and type
terminal> hit [ENTER ↵])
- Type in this command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
/Applications/Particl\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Particl\ Desktop
- Open a terminal in the folder where you’ve installed the application and type the following command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
List of Changes
- Updates electron to v19 to fix GUI/Application-related startup issues specifically with recent Linux updates/distro releases.
- Updates the application to use nodejs v16 as a minimum version.
- Fixes some occurrences of the marketplace service startup failing not be detected, resulting in the user interface showing the loading/startup panel indefinitely.
- The Buy page > Orders tab now has the activity indicator "flashing" (to indicate pending user activity) for the correct buyer specific steps (fixes an error introduced in v3.2.0).
- Fixes the failure of a market promotion estimation not displaying the relevant error message when the estimation fails, and instead would fall back incorrectly to displaying a price of 1 PART per day.
- When promoting a market, the UTXO count is now checked before any messages are sent instead of after the market content message is sent: this should prevent a common error cause where a market with an image is promoted but due to insufficient UTXOs available the market itself is promoted but the image is sent and the GUI shows that an error occurred (despite the actual market being promoted but without an associated image).
- The SMSG keys for a market are now only removed from particl-core after the market is successfully removed from particl-marketplace database (should prevent an error with the removal of the market from the database from stopping the marekt from receiving new listing items).
- The Cart page > Shipping form now defaults the 'Save shipping profile' checkbox to true if there are no addresses previously saved.
- Adds the 'Add to cart' functionality for the listing item details modal that is launched from the Chat Messages > Conversations tab (for Listing Item type chats).
- Removes the marketplace service's monitor functionality for now.
- Transaction table entries now display the confirmation count after the transaction description rather than before it: this both keeps the layout consistent, and prevents the transaction amount from being cutoff (half hidden) when the application window is at its smallest dimensions.
While this release is a minor one and is focused on bug fixing and general improvements, we recommend installing it like any other desktop release. It introduces a few important fixes, notably if you're on Linux, and standardizes the user experience to a more polished and stable status.
Thank you for your passion and dedication to the Particl mission. None of it would be possible with you all!
Particl is Participation
Get recognized as someone that cares. With your help, we become more noticed out there. It takes seconds, and you are making a statement by giving us a follow and hitting the bell icon.
Join the instant messaging chats. There's no need to be active, but it’s good to be in the loop.
Gain deep knowledge about Particl by reading.
Last but not least, a list that shows an infinite number of links clearly categorized and on one page.