Particl Desktop 3.2.2 is a new desktop client update that fixes a bug with the marketplace where, in some cases, listings and other messages were not being received or processed from Particl Core when the market service was not running.
The desktop client update is already live on mainnet and the patch should fix any issue with missing listings or order messages.
While this update may seem minor in scope, it fixes an important issue that can significantly impact the user experience (either by not seeing available listings or, in the case of sellers, missing customer orders). For this reason, we strongly recommend updating your desktop client.
Download Particl Desktop 3.2.2 on mainnet: https://github.com/particl/particl-desktop/releases/tag/v3.2.2
If you happen to be a newcomer to Particl at all we highly recommend the Particl Academy as your guide and reference book for getting along with Particl Marketplace.
- Your wallet needs to be unlocked to process buy and sell orders on the marketplace.
- There may be issues launching Particl Desktop 3.2 on some specific Linux OS such as Manjaro. This is due to an issue with Electron and will be fixed with the release of Particl Desktop 3.3.
- If you spot any issue, bug, or area of improvement, please report it directly on the Github Issues page.
Sometimes, it's helpful to start the application from the terminal, aka command line. It gives you additional information about what's happening in the background and can be useful for troubleshooting issues (if issues you encounter).
- Open "Windows Explorer"
- On the installation folder (e.g.
"C:\Program Files\Particl Desktop\Particl Desktop") Press [SHIFT⇧]+[MOUSE-RIGHT◳] and choose "Open command window here"
- Type the following command including the quotation marks into the terminal and hit [ENTER ↵]
- Open "Terminal"
(e.g. [COMMAND ⌘] + [SPACE] and type
terminal> hit [ENTER ↵])
- Type in this command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
/Applications/Particl\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Particl\ Desktop
- Open a terminal in the folder where you’ve installed the application and type the following command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
List of Changes
- Fixes listings and other messages not being received/processed by the market service: the market service was not correctly obtaining and processing any smsg that were received by particl-core while the market service was not running.
Particl is Participation
Get recognized as someone that cares. With your help, we become more noticed out there. It takes seconds, and you are making a statement by giving us a follow and hitting the bell icon.
YouTube Twitter Mastodon Reddit
Join the instant messaging chats. There's no need to be active, but it’s good to be in the loop.
Discord Telegram Element / Matrix
Gain deep knowledge about Particl by reading.
Last but not least, a list that shows an infinite number of links clearly categorized and on one page.