Over the weekend, we pushed the testnet builds for Particl Desktop 3.2.1. This update does not introduce any new feature but rather pushes a lot of bug fixes, improvements, as well as major dependencies updates.
Because the scope of the changes is relatively large, especially regarding the dependencies update, we highly encourage the community to test the new builds on their devices to ensure they run smoothly across all operating systems and environments.
Please refer to the end of this article for a full list of changes introduced by this update.
Download Particl Desktop 3.2.1-RC-001: https://github.com/particl/particl-desktop/releases/tag/v3.2.1-RC-001
To get testnet coins, visit the Particl faucet.
If you happen to be a newcomer to Particl at all we highly recommend the Particl Academy as your guide and reference book for getting along with Particl Marketplace.
If you encounter problems connecting to peers, it may be caused by the low number of nodes on the testnet network. To fix this issue, open up your Particl Desktop debug console and type the following command to connect to a seeding node:
addnode "126.96.36.199:51938" "add" or
addnode "188.8.131.52:51938" "add".
If you spot any issue, bug, or area of improvement, please report it directly on the Github Issues page.
Your wallet needs to be unlocked to process buy and sell orders on the marketplace.
Particl Marketplace is still in on-going development, and thus, is considered to be a Beta release.
The Particl Desktop testnet application and the Particl Desktop mainnet application can coexist on your computer but they can't run at the same time.
Sometimes it's helpful to start the application from the terminal, aka command line. It gives you additional information about what's happening in the background and can be useful for troubleshooting issues (if issues you encounter).
- Open "Windows Explorer"
- On the installation folder (e.g.
"C:\Program Files\Particl Desktop Testnet\Particl Desktop Testnet") Press [SHIFT⇧]+[MOUSE-RIGHT◳] and choose "Open command window here"
- Type the following command including the quotation marks into the terminal and hit [ENTER ↵]
"Particl Desktop Testnet.exe"
- Open "Terminal"
(e.g. [COMMAND ⌘] + [SPACE] and type
terminal> hit [ENTER ↵])
- Type in this command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
/Applications/Particl\ Desktop\ Testnet.app/Contents/MacOS/Particl\ Desktop\ Testnet
- Open a terminal in the folder where you’ve installed the application and type the following command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
./Particl\ Desktop\ Testnet
List of Changes
- Updates electron to v19 to fix GUI/Application related startup issues, specifically with recent Linux updates/distro releases.
- Updates the application to use nodejs v16 as a minimum version.
- Fixes some occurrences of the marketplace service startup failing not be detected and resulting in the user interface showing the loading/startup panel indefinitely.
- The Buy page > Orders tab now has the activity indicator "flashing" (to indicate pending user activity) for the correct buyer-specific steps (fixes an error introduced in v3.2.0).
- Fixes the failure of a market promotion estimation not displaying the relevant error message when the estimation fails, and instead would fall back incorrectly to displaying a price of 1 PART per day.
- When promoting a market, the utxo count is now checked before any messages are sent instead of after the market content message is sent. This should prevent a common error where a market with an image is promoted but, due to insufficient utxos available, the market itself is promoted, but the image is sent and the GUI shows that an error occurred (despite the actual market being promoted but without an associated image).
- The smsg keys for a market are now only removed from particl-core after the market is successfully removed from particl-marketplace database (should prevent an error with the removal of the market from the database from stopping the market from receiving new listing items).
- The Cart page > Shipping form now defaults the 'Save shipping profile' checkbox to true if there are no addresses previously saved.
- Adds the 'Add to cart' functionality for the listing item details modal that is launched from the Chat Messages > Conversations tab (for Listing Item type chats).
- Removes the marketplace service's monitor functionality for now.
- Transaction table entries now display the confirmation count after the transaction description rather than before it: this both keeps the layout consistent and prevents the transaction amount from being cutoff (half-hidden) when the application window is at its smallest dimensions.
As stated, because of the scope of the changes introduced by this release, notably related to major dependencies updates, we highly encourage the community to test it out extensively to ensure it runs smoothly on all platforms and environments. Once everything is confirmed to run as expected, we will push this release to mainnet.
As always, thank you for your dedication and passion for the Particl mission! Your support helps keep this project going strong every day!
Particl is Participation
Get recognized as someone that cares. With your help, we become more noticed out there. It takes seconds, and you are making a statement by giving us a follow and hitting the bell icon.
Join the instant messaging chats. There's no need to be active, but it’s good to be in the loop.
Gain deep knowledge about Particl by reading.
Last but not least, a list that shows an infinite number of links clearly categorized and on one page.