As the week ends, let's take a moment to look back at what we've achieved in the past few days and see what we've got to look forward to in the week to come.
Particl Desktop 💻️
We're still completing the items outlined in our previous updates, namely including enhancing Tor server capabilities and making a variety of minor improvements.
Please note, that we are observing a delay that is impacting the development process of Particl Desktop which we are working on resolving.
Particl Core 🔗
Core Codebase Maintenance 🛠️
As always, we consistently stay up-to-date with Bitcoin's latest version by regularly incorporating upstream updates into Particl Core. You can monitor these changes by visiting this link.
Installation Wizard V2 (Windows) Released 🧙♂️
We've released a new version of the installation wizard earlier this week, which includes a variety of changes and improvements.
- Resolved issues with the (venv) environment.
- Refactored the PowerShell script.
- Introduced .bat files in the BSX main directory for launching or upgrading.
- Fixed the XMR (swap) compatibility (coincurve) on Windows.
Follow this link to read the blog post and download the latest version of the installer.
Testing of Litecoin MWEB Balances 🪄
We've now successfully completed the testing of Litecoin's MWEB integration into BasicSwap DEX. The update is now scheduled to go live in the next couple of days, so stay tuned for an official announcement on our end!
User Interface (GUI 2.1) and Installer 🖥️
This week, we've made significant progress on the 2.1 update of the GUI for BasicSwap, adding several new features and improvements on top of our ongoing testing. Here's a summary of what we've been working on:
- Moved all .svg files from the templates into style.html, which has streamlined and cleaned up 50% of the template's code.
- Enhanced the price/chart section and implemented a caching system to prevent exceeding API limits.
- Streamlined the network table for a more minimalist design.
- Added Profit/Loss calculations for better financial tracking.
- Upgraded the graphics for most of the templates to enhance visual appeal.
- Finishing up and testing the New Offer pages.
- Added nicer and more intuitive confirmation and alert pop-ups.
- Redesigning the intro/index page to make it more user-friendly, especially for newcomers, helping them navigate and find their way more easily.
- Redesigned the Wallets page as a single page, with coin-related settings now accessible under a COG/tool wheel button for easier navigation.
- Wide variety of improvements and small bug fixes while testing.
Particl and BasicSwap Media 📺
Dr. Kap's Privacy Hour ⌚️
We're excited to announce the release of the first episode of Dr. Kap's Privacy Hour on our YouTube channel which you can watch right here using the embedded player just below.
Don't miss out on future episodes – they will be broadcast live on X Spaces and then re-uploaded to our YouTube channel shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more insightful content!
The Open-Source Revolution
We're on a mission to create a private, independent, and pro-liberty digital economy that is fair and open to all. Learn more about what we do at any of the following links.
Be a part of the movement and join us in the fight for our freedoms by meeting the community and spreading the word far and wide!
Learn more about Particl with these in-depth resources.
Follow the link below to get a list of all other useful Particl-related links you may find helpful.