As the week ends, let's take a moment to look back at what we've achieved in the past few days and see what we've got to look forward to in the week to come.
Particl Desktop 💻️
We're still completing the items outlined in our previous updates, namely including enhancing Tor server capabilities and making a variety of minor improvements.
Please note, that we are observing a delay that is impacting the development process of Particl Desktop which we are working on resolving.
Particl Core 🔗
Core Codebase Maintenance 🛠️
As always, we consistently stay up-to-date with Bitcoin's latest version by regularly incorporating upstream updates into Particl Core. You can monitor these changes by visiting this link.
Litecoin MWEB Balances 🪄
During a live X Spaces session with the Litecoin Foundation earlier today, we proudly announced the official release of the first phase of our Litecoin MWEB integration into BasicSwap DEX.
This update enables you to send and receive MWEB transactions and convert balances between standard and MWEB types directly within the DEX.
The next phase of this integration, which will introduce full MWEB-powered swaps, will be coming out later this year, so keep an eye out for updates in that regard later on.
Particl x Litecoin MWEB Contest 🎉
To celebrate the launch of Litecoin MWEB on BasicSwap DEX, we're giving away five (5) 2013 Lealana 1 Litecoin physical coins, each one valued at nearly $1,000 USD, in a new contest that starts today.
For complete details on how to participate, follow this link to our contest blog post. Good luck to everyone!
User Interface (GUI 2.1) 🖥️
We've now got a large chunk of our 2.1 GUI update ready to go, and we're aiming to push it to the
dev branch on Github for more community testing somewhere next week.
This will include the majority of the items that were planned for the 2.1 update, on top of which many other additions, fixes, and improvements have been added thanks to community feedback.
Here's a list of what you can expect with this GUI update:
- The default minimum bid value has been updated from 0.00001 to 0.001.
- "Amount Variable" is now forcefully enabled.
- "Rate Variable" is now forcefully disabled.
- Available balances now displayed when creating a new offer (excluding balances already on the order book).
- Auto-accept strategy is set to "allow all" by default.
- Condensation of date and time on the order page to relative values (e.g., X hours ago).
- A large refactor of the GUI code, including significant cleanup and slimming down of the codebase.
- Introduction of a work-in-progress version of a better order book display, offering advanced and minimal viewing options.
- Quick place order function within the new offer page for a minimal/quick design approach.
- Option to sort values in most tables up or down.
- Implementation of new graphics and designs across the board giving the DEX a refreshed look.
- A wide variety of minor bug fixes, improvements, and other additions.
Note: This list is non-exhaustive, meaning that it doesn't list every single changes that will be introducted by the upcoming update.
We've been getting a lot of contributions from the community this week with various comments, feedback, and pull requests aimed at helping with BasicSwap's development. This has resulted in a multitude of improvements and bug fixes being applied across the board, which we've summarized in the bulletpoint list below.
- Remove Litecoin MWEB from the list of options when publishing a new offer on the order book
- Prevent multiple
LOCK_TX_B_SEENevents and use
- Add a new persistent test like
- Enable the ability to set
- (In progress) Add a test for duplicating actions
- Added an indicator that displays the
listlockunspentcount on the Wallets page
- Added a Monero swap checker to the ci tests
- Added instructions to run ci locally
Particl and BasicSwap Media 📺
Live X Spaces With the Litecoin Foundation 🗣️
Earlier today, we joined the Litecoin Foundation for an X Spaces in which we delved into discussions about Litecoin, the anticipated Litecoin Summit happening this summer in Nashville, financial privacy, and our announcement regarding the integration of Litecoin MWEB into BasicSwap DEX.
For those who couldn't tune in live, the recording is now available for you to listen to!
Dr. Kap to Speak at the Litecoin Summit 2024
We're proud to share that Particl and BasicSwap advisor Dr. Kap will be presenting on stage at the Litecoin Summit 2024 in Nashville this summer. His talk will focus on the significant privacy and freedom benefits associated with using MWEB-powered Litecoin swaps on BasicSwap DEX, and why this new Litecoin release is so important in light of the current crypto and world events.
If you're in or around Nashville during the summit, we highly recommend attending as it's shaping up to be one of the standout conferences of the year. For more information and to see the impressive list of speakers, or to get your ticket, click here.
As always, we thank you immensely for your passion and dedication to Particl and what it's working towards achieving. None of it would be possible without you all!
We wish you a great weekend we'll see you all back on Monday! 👋
The Open-Source Revolution
We're on a mission to create a private, independent, and pro-liberty digital economy that is fair and open to all. Learn more about what we do at any of the following links.
Be a part of the movement and join us in the fight for our freedoms by meeting the community and spreading the word far and wide!
Learn more about Particl with these in-depth resources.
Follow the link below to get a list of all other useful Particl-related links you may find helpful.