The week is coming to an end, which means it's time for our weekly development progress report! So let's quickly see what progress has been made in the past few days.
Particl Desktop 🖥
This week, we have made slower-than-expected progress on the last two remaining items mentioned in last week's report due to a series of issues that are now fixed.
As such, we are still working on those items and expect to complete them in the next few days. Once completed, we'll run a series of internal tests, which shouldn't take more than a few days, and then deploy the build on testnet.
At this time, we can report that we still expect the testnet build of Particl Desktop 3.3 to be released before Christmas time, although it is now unclear whether the actual mainnet version of it will be available by then. As always, we will keep you posted!
Remaining Items for Particl Desktop 3.3
- (In progress) A couple of general but minor tweaks and minor improvements/optimizations need to be done, but they are negligible in terms of effort to sort out.
Particl Core 🔗
Core Codebase Maintenance 🛠️
As usual, we've been keeping up with upstream updates as part of our ever-ongoing effort to maintain Particl Core up-to-date with Bitcoin's latest version. You can always keep track of those changes by following this link.
Similarly to last week, we've been monitoring the open beta and assisting testers in fixing issues, making additions, and collecting feedback and ideas. We are happy to report that a decent number of testers are now currently helping the team in improving the base layer of BasicSwap and that we're very satisfied with the open beta thus far.
Here is more information about some of the things we've been working on this week in regard to BasicSwap:
- Improvements of and work on the BasicSwap guix package, which makes it much easier and faster to install and launch BasicSwap. Please note that this method is experimental and not entirely supported yet.
- Added the ability for BasicSwap to resume, from the most recent point, the download of a Bitcoin snapshot if the connection fails for any reason.
- Fixed a bug related to Monero's integration, as discussed earlier this week in the community's chat channel.
- Added a subfee feature to make coin withdrawals easier (no need to manually calculate fees). The feature is not yet integrated into the GUI but will be as part of one of our upcoming GUI updates.
- Begun working on a dark mode for the GUI.
- Begun working on a "simple" mode for the GUI, in which the user interface is slimmed down and the more advanced options are not displayed. In any case, you can easily toggle between the simple and advanced modes depending on what you're looking to accomplish.
- Introduced a variety of GUI improvements, tweaks, and changes based on feedback from our beta testers.
As we progress through this round of beta testing, we want to thank each and every one of you who've tested the DEX so far.
Your feedback, reports, and comments are immensely valuable and help us tremendously in improving this groundbreaking platform we're building for the benefit of all.
We wish you a great weekend we'll see you all back on Monday! 👋
Particl is Participation
Get recognized as someone that cares. With your help, we become more noticed out there. It takes seconds, and you are making a statement by giving us a follow and hitting the bell icon.
Join the instant messaging chats. There's no need to be active, but it’s good to be in the loop.
Gain deep knowledge about Particl by reading.
Last but not least, a list that shows an infinite number of links clearly categorized and on one page.