Earlier today, we've released Particl Desktop 3.1.1. This update fixes various bugs and issues identified by live users (buyers and sellers) from the community. It also introduces a few general improvements to the marketplace to improve the user experience and make it more reliable.
Download Particl Desktop 3.1.1 on mainnet: https://github.com/particl/particl-desktop/releases/tag/v3.1.1
If you happen to be a newcomer to Particl at all we highly recommend the Particl Academy as your guide and reference book for getting along with Particl Marketplace.
- Your wallet needs to be unlocked to process buy and sell orders on the marketplace.
- If you spot any issue, bug, or area of improvement, please report it directly on the Github Issues page.
- The source code linked to here is not the actual tagged release source code. Please contact the Particl team for source code information. The actual source code will be uploaded and made available after an appropriate interval of time has passed.
Sometimes, it's helpful to start the application from the terminal, aka command line. It gives you additional information about what's happening in the background and can be useful for troubleshooting issues (if issues you encounter).
- Open "Windows Explorer"
- On the installation folder (e.g.
"C:\Program Files\Particl Desktop\Particl Desktop") Press [SHIFT⇧]+[MOUSE-RIGHT◳] and choose "Open command window here"
- Type the following command including the quotation marks into the terminal and hit [ENTER ↵]
- Open "Terminal"
(e.g. [COMMAND ⌘] + [SPACE] and type
terminal> hit [ENTER ↵])
- Type in this command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
/Applications/Particl\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Particl\ Desktop
- Open a terminal in the folder where you’ve installed the application and type the following command and hit [ENTER ↵]:
List of Changes
- The window title now correctly reflects the chain that the application is started with, so as to more readily distinguish between running the application on testnet or mainnet.
Included here are the changes applied to both the UI of the marketplace, as well as the market service, for convenience:
- Fixes an edge case when an order request might fail to be made despite sufficient funds (and utxos) being available.
- Fixes an order request not being able to be progressed by either buyer or seller after being made, if the seller escrow amount required is 0.
- Ignores received listing messages if the listing in the message has expired by the time the listing message is processed. This means that the processing of actual, valid listing messages are processed a lot sooner rather than spending time processing messages that are not going to be useful to begin with (i.e., faster time to see messages when joining a market), as well as preventing the unnecessary updating of the "pending new items" refresh button count with expired listings.
- Adjusts the checking of available utxos when publishing listings to a market. This should provide some measure of preventing cases where listings are published without their associated images.
- Prevents an order status from incorrectly being updated if the buyer attempts to cancel an order in the "escrow locked" status but the seller has already completed the escrow transaction and the buyer node simply has not received the updated status message). Previously, the order status was incorrectly updated to the "cancelled" status despite the cancellation request failing; the status is now untouched if the cancellation fails.
- Fixes listing and market images not being correctly removed from the filesystem.
- Removes the current listings associated with a market as well when a market is un-joined, rather than leaving the listings and waiting for the listing to expire before removing it.
- Combines the market ID and applicable market key into a single value: rather than needing to copy out 2 values for sharing access to a market, only one value is now needed. The same applies for the market joining: only a single value is needed to be entered, rather than 2 separate values.
- Removes the 'Edit Product' button and instead places it inside of a separate "product info" modal: this is to more clearly distinguish between editing of a product template and a market-specific template (which tends to cause confusion when a market template requires editing but the product template edit action is more visible and tended to be used more readily instead).
- Changes the displayed graphic and accompanying text when browsing a market with no listings: a different graphic (and text) is now displayed when the blockchain is still syncing, to clearly distinguish why there may be no listings currently available.
- Re-sends the escrow complete message in addition to the shipping message when a seller re-sends the order status at the shipping step. If the buyer side was missing the escrow complete status message then re-sending the shipping status alone is insufficient to update the buyer status, so both the escrow complete and shipping status messages are resent at the shipping status step.
- Updates the error to more accurately reflect the reason for failing to publish a listing when the listing itself is successfully published, but one or more images in the listing are not correctly published.
- Fixes the display of an order item's shipping value to correctly display the actual shipping value used.
As Particl Desktop 3.1.1 fixes various bugs and issues that were encoutered by live users, we invite those users to give this new update a spin and report back if any issue still persists (which shouldn't be the case).
We thank you all in the community for testing Particl Desktop and the marketplace extensively and reporting back. It helps a lot in identifying edge case or environment-specific issues and contribute greatly in making Particl more resilient and usable.
Particl is Participation
Get recognized as someone that cares. With your help, we become more noticed out there. It takes seconds, and you are making a statement by giving us a follow and hitting the bell icon.
Join the instant messaging chats. There's no need to be active, but it’s good to be in the loop.
Gain deep knowledge about Particl by reading.
Last but not least, a list that shows an infinite number of links clearly categorized and on one page.